Located on Viale Verdi, next to the Verdi Theatre, the thermal establishment is closer to the city center. Immediately visible is the old porch, entrance of the historical hall, overlooking the triangular garden, with the Fountain of the Swans, work of sculptor Pirro Bianchi. Opened in 1907, the Excelsior was built to house the Municipal Casino Excelsior, but it was used as cafè-chantant, with associated music and writing rooms. The large and elegant historical hall has on the short sides two exedras windows, divided by Corinthian columns, while at the top are bellies with circular openings and surrounded by wreaths. The main feature of the building is the loggia inspired by the Florentine Renaissance. The interior of the historical hall is characterized by a coffered ceiling with frescoes by Ernesto Bellandi, while the walls are decorated with a frieze of stucco bas-relief with cherubs and garlands of flowers and fruit.