PALAZZO MEDICI ACQUAVIVA. Address: Via Toledo 55, Naples. Overlooking Via Toledo, the main artery of the City Center, this noble Neapolitan palace of the end ì600, previously belonged to the councilor D. Giuseppe Borgia, bears the name of the family who bought it in the mid-eighteenth century. It presents the portal of clear neoclassical inspiration. The southern side of the palace is built along the layout of the Aragonese walls demolished by Don Pedro de Toledo in 1532. On the second floor there are the Barbaja salons, the descendants of that Domenico Barbaja, which was one of the greatest Italian theatrical impresario of all time. To him we owe the celebrity of the greatest operas of his time, one for all Gioachino Rossini. To him and to a Neapolitan nobles commission, including Michele dË Medici, there is to admit the reconstruction in 1816 in just 10 months, after the burning of Real Teatro San Carlo in Naples.