MUSICTICK | Buy tickets for music concerts, jazz, opera and more...
Conservatorio di Musica Benedetto Marcello di Venezia
N.3 > The conservatory was established in 1876 as Liceo e Società Musicale Benedetto Marcello, became communal in 1895 under the name Il Liceo Civico Musicale "Benedetto Marcello", and attained conservatory status in 1915 as Liceo Civico Musicale Pareggiato Benedetto Marcello. In 1940, under the directorship of Gian Francesco Malipiero it became Conservatorio di Stato "Benedetto Marcello". The conservatory is housed in Palazzo Pisani, built between 1614 and 1615 - which is now owned by the municipality of Venice.